Friday, February 18, 2011

My Publix Trip: $7.36!





I did my weekly Publix coupon matchup last night and just knew that I had to rush over this afternoon! The deals at Publix are crazy this week. Truthfully, you can save quite the chunk of change even if you step into the store without coupons just to buy the items on BOGO. But of course, using coupons just makes the deal even sweeter! 


On a more personal note, my fiance and I enjoyed a very nice afternoon. We started off with going to Target to snag some awesome deals that are going on this week (I'll post my Target trip as my very next blog post). We did very well at Target. Then, we had lunch and enjoyed the nice Florida weather, made a stop at Barnes & Nobles to grab a few books. And, then we shot off to Publix.


Here's how we did, and it just goes to show you that buying the right items, even without coupons, can save you a nice amount of money.


Before coupons and Bogo the order would have amounted to: $55.72
Before coupons, but accounting for the Bogo sale, the order would have amounted to: $27.86
After bogo and coupons the order came out to: $7.36!


Enough with my blabbering, below are the deals I got at Publix this week:



Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes: Bogo @ $2.69(2)
(-1) $1/2 Manufacturer coupon (facebook video offer - click "Our Kitchen")
Final Price: $0.84 each


Green Giant Canned Vegetables: Bogo @ $1.25(12) 
(-1) $1/4 Publix store coupon (clickcallmail.com)
Final Price: $0.37 each


Progresso Bread Crumbs: Bogo @ $1.97 (2)
(-1) $1/4 Publix store coupon (clickcallmail.com)
Final Price: $0.73 each


Bertolli Pasta Sauce: Bogo @ $2.95 (2)
(-1) $1/2 printable target web coupon (Redplum.com)
Final price: $1.01 each


Progresso Soups: Bogo @ $2.29 (6) 
(-1) $1/4 manufacturer coupon (couponnetwork.com)
(-1) $1/4 Publix coupon (clickcallmail.com)
Final Price: $0.64 each. 


Nabisco Honey Graham Crackers: Bogo @ $3.99 (2)
(-1) $1/2 target web coupon (target.com - print the coupon that pictures Wheat Thins)
Final price: $1.49 each 


Hunt's Natural Tomatoes (Crushed): Bogo @ $1.89 (2) 
(-2) $0.75/1 printable manufacturer coupons (no longer available)
Final price: $0.19 per can


I also used two more $5 coupons to get my order total down. Publix is having an Italian Days sale, which allows you to use a $5 off coupon if you purchase 20 participating products). Here's the link to that coupon. Then, I used a $5/$25 order coupon from Savealot.com, as my store accepts Save a lot as a competitor. 

1 comment: